Increased my
$NUAI position to 103,138 shares. Added 40,400. I'm also long Jan27 $7.50 calls.
It's still the smallest position in my book - for now.
Some folks have asked about my thesis. Here you go.
What
$NUAI is:
A small co building a DC campus in Odessa, Texas. 493 acres in the Permian. 757 MW planned across 2 phases, with a longer path to ~1.4 GW.
Phase 1: 207 MW, powered by
@VistraCorp gas plant next door. Power starts Q3 2027.
Phase 2: 550 MW of
$NUAI 's own on site gas generation.
What's already done:
Land is owned. Construction permits are in hand. The plat was approved last week.
On Monday they signed a 20 yr Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with
@VistraCorp up to 207 MW. Power is the hardest thing to get in this market.
$NUAI secured that and now controls it in its own name.
Why behind-the-meter matters (BTM):
Both phases are BTM. The power is made on or next to the site and fed straight in.
That means no waiting in the Texas grid queue, which is 474 GW deep and under audit. No load on the public grid. And the grid is still there as a backup if a plant goes down, with excess power able to flow back to it.
They own power first and have grid as optionality. That's the setup HSs want.
The thesis:
HSs need powered, permitted land. Texas just made that scarcer. The governor paused new DC permits until a grid audit is finished. Projects that depend on the grid are now in a queue.
$NUAI 's campus runs on its own power. It was built for the rules Texas is now writing.
Demand isn't the q. Neoclouds are raising GPU prices, not cutting them (
$NBIS is great eg.). The q is whether
$NUAI signs a tenant, and for how much of the site.
The math:
After today's $100M ATM dilution, my rough ranges:
- Phase 1 lease only: ~$8
- Full 757 MW lease: ~$10-12
- Full 757 MW at strong terms: ~$15+
- No tenant: well under $1
Most of a Phase 1 deal is already in the price. The real upside is the full site.
The risks:
1. No tenant - everything depends on getting a lease/s signed.
2. Execution - small team. Today's filing says they expect to sign directly with the tenant. Better economics, maybe more execution risk.
3. Dilution - the $100M ATM is ~13% more shares, and ATM selling will cap rallies near term.
4. Phase 2's air permit is frozen until the Texas audit ends. Phase 1 doesn't need it.
5. Timing - deals like this can be delayed
What I'm watching:
A lease announcement, and how much of the 757 MW it covers.
Who builds and operates the campus.
The TCEQ update to the governor on Oct 19.
The Q3 filing for how much of the ATM they've used.
How I'm managing it:
PPA was big tick for me. Now I'm sized for the lease event. I'll hold through a lease and reassess after it. If nothing is signed by the Q3 filing, I reassess again.
Not advice or instruction. Just my book.