I think we bottom'd $57k - most of CT sidelined waiting for Q4 dump.
I'm asking the question 'what takes us there'
Buying absolutely nothing here for at best a -30% from here is, kinda (but not rly cause maths) the same as not selling BTC at $100k because 'it's going to 150k'
It doesn't matter that BTC went to $125k after you sold at $100k because you bought at an average of $25k/coin and you're up 400% worrying about that last 30%
People want lower because they understand that lower entries mathematically are tangibly different at higher levels. Like, that 30% lower allows you to get 30% more BTC and that's a big deal when BTC is at $180k right?
Yes but those same people are ok with 'not buying here because if it does go higher i'll just buy the breakout'
1. You'll probably miss the breakout unless you have limit orders set up
2. Say you buy at, what, $72k? - that's 20% higher than at $60k - but I thought 20% was a lot, right? Only if it fits your bias.
So people are absolutely splitting feathers over a tiny % difference because psychologically they can't get over the fact that BTC hasn't had a big enough drawdown yet and they absolutely hate the idea of their ego being wrong.
Vis-a-vis even if bitcoin goes to $48k from here your decision process was basically wrong, your R:R skewed and you basically got lucky.
You don't want to buy here because it doesn't feel right. Isn't that exactly when bottoms form?
At $48k I'm selling the house and kids to buy BTC. That feels like a really easy trade tbh. Here? Eurgh feels unsure:
> Historically we have larger draw down
> Many smart traders calling for lower
> What if Saylor just keeps selling
> What about Iran and Trump tensions
> etc.
But people arew ignoring:
> Cold Card RNG exploit
> BTCPay Server exploit
> Michael Saylor literally selling (supposed to be the worst case scenario)
> MSTR stress
> STRC stress
> Ongoing Trump vs Iran drama
> SPX dump from 7.5 to 7.3
> Calls for AI bubble bursting (again) with Leopold Aschenbrenner’s AI-focused Situational Awareness liquidated entire public stock
We really got absolutely hammered these last fews weeks and the market just couldn't get sub $60k
It doesn't really matter if I'm wrong because trading is all about process and I think your process is probably wrong if you're not buying at least something here - even if it does go below $57k
Like $30k feels like the only acceptable scenario where I would just be unequivocally be wrong.